It’s no secret that bottled water is popular among consumers today. In fact, bottled water has overtaken soda as being the top-selling beverage in the United States. Why do people choose to drink bottled water over water from other sources? The main reasons tend to be its perceived quality, taste, and convenience. Regarding the motivation to drink bottled water due to its purity, a lot of work goes into ensuring bottled water is safe to drink. Since bottled water is regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), it must meet stringent quality standards. Below are some of the key techniques that are commonly used in the bottled water purification process:
- Filtration – Water is forced through filters or membranes that only certain particles can pass through, eliminating germs and other unwanted substances.
- Distillation – Water is vaporized, leaving minerals behind so that the water will contain less of them when it recondenses.
- Reverse osmosis – Water goes through a semipermeable membrane that filters out minerals and other contaminants.
- Ozonation – Water is infused with ozone gas, which works as an antimicrobial agent and kills microorganisms in the water.
- UV-light treatment – This chemical-free treatment method applies UV light that acts as a disinfecting agent, killing bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms.
Mountain Glacier’s Bottled Water Delivery Service
At Mountain Glacier, we believe that our customers deserve nothing but the best. That’s why we bottle our water ourselves at our state-of-the-art bottling facilities to ensure it meets our high standards. We utilize a broad range of proven purification methods during this process – including ion exchange, carbon filtration, UV light applications, reverse osmosis, ozone treatment, and recirculation – to eliminate contaminants and make sure our bottled water has a great taste. And an added benefit of us bottling our water ourselves is that we’re able to sell it to you directly, cutting out the middlemen and passing on the savings to you.
If you’d like to learn more about our bottled water delivery services, contact Mountain Glacier today. We offer water coolers (for rental or purchase), monthly deliveries of 3-gallon and 5-gallon water jugs, and more – everything you need to stay hydrated in your home or workplace.